Personal data that we process
There are several types of information that we collect.
We ask for the following personal information and collect it when you use our app. This is a must, because without it Cleany wouldn’t function properly and you wouldn’t be able to use our services.
This is the type of information that is directly related your use of our app. Right after you are done with configuring the settings on your device we will gain access to the camera roll in order to analyze the document info and take a look at all of the instruments available for document editing. However, you have nothing to worry about, because all of the data contained in the camera roll cannot be contained, stored, or used by us.
All of the files that might be processed are stored either locally on your device or in your iCloud storage, and we don’t have any access to them. You are the only one who can share them with us.
Information that is collected automatically
During your use of our app, some of the information about you and your device might be collected automatically. All of the information collected is non-personal, and we can only view it in a generalized form. The reason why we do it is because we want to improve the performance of our app and provide our users with the best experience possible. It is impossible to provide you with all features of our app without collecting all the necessary information.
We use advertising and analytics tools to collect the information sent to us from your device. Some of them automatically process your personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to you, such as your country of residence, behavior, as well as your interests. All of this is done automatically the first time you launch Cleany.
When you use your mobile gadget to access our app, some of the details about your device will be reported automatically, including device identifiers. Device identifiers are small pieces of data that are stored on your mobile device and help to identify it properly (it has nothing to do with your personality).
Types of data that can be collected:
- Necessary information about the device, such as unique mobile ID, type of operating system, hardware model, size of the screen and its density, audio volume, as well as device memory usage;
- Information about location. This is your IP address, language setting, time zone, and other similar types of information;
- Information about your internet connection. We will get to know your web browser, network type and network provide, and speed;
- Information about the applications. This is the name of your device, its identifier for application, and its version. Some of our tools might also report the applications that are installed on your device, as well as the processes that are currently being used;
- Cookies. Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to you the second you launch our app. They are stored on your device. Cookies help us to make our app better for you. For example, they can be used to help us understand what users prefer more by analyzing the amount of times they click on a certain link or ad. Even though cookies are not a must, they are very recommended. Without them you won’t be able to take full advantage of our services.
- Log file information. Log file information is collected automatically every time you access the app. It can also be collected if you have our app installed on your device. This is the information that tells us about when you started and finished using the app, as well as all of your actions;
- In-app events. There are a lot of in-app events that are used to collect the necessary information about you, such as payments, custom/progression events, tutorial steps, in-app purchases and others;
- Ad-related information. With the help of such information we can tell when a particular ad was served, whether you decided to click on it, the type of offer it was, and the type of ad.
All of the information collected automatically by advertising and analytics tools doesn’t generally come to our control, which means that we can’t be responsible for processing such data. That being said, some of the services engaged in personal data profiling might obtain some information about your personality.
Our e-commerce provider is responsible for billing, processing, and charging for the in-app purchases. It keeps your personal information 100% safe. Another thing you should remember is that we can’t any access any information that has to do with your credit/debit card. You can study the purchase rules more detailedly in the app stores.
Reasons why we process your personal data
Practically every single person would feel worried if someone was collecting their personal information, and that is totally understandable. Therefore, let’s take a look at all the reasons why we do it. It will help you understand the situation in a better way.
- To make our services available for proper use. All of the personal information that is gathered about you is essential to make our services work the right way;
- To regularly test our app, monitor its effectiveness and keep improving it in every way possible. We want our app to be the best and the business, so we regularly check out behavior and trends of our users, fix all of the technical issues if any occur, and in general do everything possible to provide you with a high-quality product;
- To provide you with interesting advertisers. Like it was already mentioned, we analyze what our users like the most and provide you with the ads based on that;
- To help you feel safe and comfy. We want our customers to always feel that way, and therefore we use your personal data to prevent any possible fraud, and get rid of any harmful ads.
Sharing of your information with third parties
None of your personal information will be rented or sold to any third parties, but we have the right to share your information from tools like log files. We don’t take any responsibilities for the tracking technologies that are used by third parties.
Cookies are another thing that can be shared with our third-party advertisement partners. This is done so that the third party would be able to study your preferences and based on that pick the ads that could be interesting for you.
Our app contains the links to third-party websites, so if you want to learn more about their services and privacy options feel free to visit their websites. Keep in mind that we aren’t responsible for any usage of your personal data by third parties.
There are also times when we can disclose your personal information. This happens in the following cases:
- When we are required to do so by the law;
- When we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, rights of our customers, their safety, and in cases of fraud;
- If we are selling our assets. If this is the case, you will be informed about this in a letter.
International data transfers
Working in the cross-border area, we offer our services to users from all parts of the world. That being said, we and our third party advertisement partners have the right to transfer the automatically processed information across borders. That can be done from your country of residence to any other country in the world.
You should also keep in mind that if you are located in European Union or any other region, where the laws governing data might differ from U.S. your personal information can be transferred to a different country with totally different protections laws. This means that unlike United States the third country might not provide the same level of protection and confidentiality.
We try our best to make sure that recipient of your personal data does everything possible to keep your personal data safe. If you are willing use to our app, you have to agree with possible transferring of your personal data to a third country.
As for the data storage, we are very serious about it. We use the help of hosting organizations to keep it safe. Besides, we encrypt your personal information before sending it to any hosting organizations. Before cooperating with any hosting organization we check its security and reliability. Therefore, our customers have no need to worry about the protection of personal data.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Most of the time your personal information is kept for no longer than 30 days. However, that doesn’t mean that we can’t keep it longer. For example, analytics data is stored for a much longer period. If you are unhappy with us using and storing your personal information you have the right to contact us and ask to erase it.
What rights do you have?
In case you have any questions or problems with storing and using your data, you have the right to do the following:
- Ask for a copy of the personal information that we have access to;
- Change or correct data. You most likely won’t be able to change some of the information yourself with your account, so you can always contact us and ask to fix it;
- Ask to delete your personal information that is kept in our base. Most of the time we keep some of the information about you as long as you are account is active. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t ask us to delete the personal information about you if you are unhappy with something. Besides, you can always delete your account;
- Restriction of using your personal information. You also have the choice to limit the ways in which we use your personal data
Keep in mind that the following rights are only applicable with the personal information that you submit.
Such processing is also possible with some of the information that is collected automatically.
Security is what really matters, and we do our best to help users feel as safe as possible. By using our app, you can be sure that your information is safely protected from loss, disclosures, misure, unauthorised access, destruction, and alteration. We also use strong encryption algorithms(like hashing) to protect your data.
Even though we do everything we can to protect your personal data, as of today, there is no method of transmission over the internet that would have 100% security, so we can’t guarantee you anything.
If you have any questions about security of our services feel free to email us at any moment.
This is an important moment, because our services are not intended for children that are 17 years of age or less. That’s also why we don’t collect any personal information from anyone who is under 18. That being said, if you are under the age restriction, do not provide us with any personal information about yourself, even your email. If you do decide to provide us with such information, then it will be deleted as quickly as possible.